Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Shelden not Sheldon

Hi every one this blog is long time in the making .I am going to try to update you on the Shelden Estates located in Stony Creek Metro Park .Very important spelling of the family name is spelled SHELDEN not Sheldon.
The road was name before the family bought there 844 acre estate in Oakland Township.

Lets Start off with a little background about myself i been researching the Shelden Family since 1994.I have been working 19 years at Stony Creek Metro Park, as a seasonal employee.I discovered the walkway in the pines in 1986 while walking my dog .As you walk through the pines it takes you through to the fence in area, stone steps and then to the archway . I will try to answer the many questions people have regarding this hidden jewel in Stony Creek .I will include maps and pictures of Shelden Estate "Green Hill Farm".

Jerry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. My wife and I met you Sunday 26.November as you were cleaning up the entrance to the tennis courts. We are anxious to take a copy of the map that shows the location of all the buildings with us the next time we go hiking. Thanks for the interesting history.

Wanda Shelden Bacon said...

My name is Wanda Shelden. My fathers family is from Michigan. They are Sheldens. I was born there as well. I may be related. Don't know alot about our family history. Its funny you say "Shelden not Sheldon" that has been a pain in my backside my whole life. No one ever gets it even if I spell it out for them and emphasize the spelling.